Friday, October 23, 2009

When I was young I used to write letters to God.

I miss those days.  When life was simple.  The lines in the sand were not so convoluted.  When I knew it all and nothing could touch me.  I lost sight of that and have become overly cautious and totally closed off.  But I've been tip-toeing around life for too long now.

This last Monday marked the 15th anniversary of my Father's death, and it was the hardest anniversary I can remember.  It all just hit me.  He's been gone for longer than he was around in my life and it's getting harder and harder to remember him.  For years, even after I 'accepted' his death I have just let a lot of these emotions fester and it has taken it has taken its toll on me.  

I've made a vow to be a better son, stop tip-toeing about and work at being a better person.  I've lived enough negativity to last a lifetime.  I've overlooked the gift of friendship and family for too long.  It's time to make ammends and atone for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment